Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Homenum revelio! Anyone left alive?


JK Rowling is a serial killer!

I’ve just finished the final installation of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and I have to say it was a really good read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Rowling capped of the series in a grand action packed style. It read like a mindless Jerry Bruckheimer film [Armageddon], minus the mindlessness.

I’ll be easy on the spoilers because some of you may not have yet read the book. Know that Rowling was surely using her Deathstick. Muggles, wizards, elves and goblins, nothing was spared a quick but endless visit beyond the veil.

For all my Potterheads out there, I know you scooped it, give me a holla when you're done reading it.

And if you're into modern day spin on writers fighting the question of art vs. comerciality mixed with some vulgar proclivities, tortured self abuse and a little Charles Bukowski thrown in check out the new Showtime series Californication starring David Duchovony.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey man,

I thought the narrative and plot points were terrific, but was really disappointed by the epilogue. Seemed a little too neatly pat considering the scale of the tragedies that occurred. I was not expecting the sheer number of deaths, but I got at least two right in our office pool...

Needless to say, I have lived with Harry a long time (read the first one in 1999) and don't quite know what to look forward to now. Recommendations?